Soziolinguistika Klusterra is a non-profit association, recognised as an Intermediate Innovation Body and part of RVCTI, the Basque Science, Technology and Innovation Network. The 2012-2015 Strategic Plan defines its mission, vision and values:
The mission of Soziolinguistika Klusterra is to generate and manage knowledge in the socio-linguistic sphere.
To do this, it will act in a scientific, autonomous, respectful and open way:
- In cooperation with members and different stakeholders it will set up meeting points designed for reflection and cooperation.
- It will carry out research, development, innovation and knowledge management projects.
- It will foster the normalisation of Basque and develop theoretical frameworks useful for the Basque-speaking community.
- It will build bridges between theoretical knowledge and the applied sphere.
- It will design projects based on the action research paradigm.
- It will take into account the Basque-speaking community as a whole and work for it.
- It will pay special attention to pursuing applied initiative, with the aim of transforming the sociolinguistic situation.
- It will guarantee the quality of its projects, working in a scientific, open way.
- It will pursue projects of general interest, based on the proposals and interests of its members.
- It will respect and back the activities of its members, avoiding competition and seeking complementarity.
- It will take into account the contributions of people and bodies working in the sociolinguistics field and in other areas.
- Complementarity between its members. It will take advantage of the contributions of each of them to achieve its goals.
- It will offer its members worthwhile, useful results.
- It will disseminate its results in society, due to its public role.
- It will act with social responsibility.
- Group work, cooperation and close relations will be its key principles.