Areas of activity
The Sociolinguistic Cluster acts as an intermediary organisation linking together demands and offers within the Basque Science, Technology and Innovation Network. It liaisons between the knowledge offered and the knowledge required by different stakeholders, and collaborates with other network members to ensure that the research carried out is oriented towards the market. It therefore plays a role in the knowledge sector that neither network members nor their allies are able to play. The degree of competence specialisation and the complementary nature of its stakeholders help avoid competition and foster teamwork.
These are Cluster's areas of activity:
- The dynamic sociolinguistics of language contact.
- The social aspect of language use.
- Processes of change in language behaviour.
- Social language transmission.
- Language discourses, values and attitudes.