The Students` Centre of Latgola (LgSC) exists already from the beginning of 20th century 90ies. On November 2, 2005 it was registered in the Register of Association and Foundations by the Enterprise Register of the Republic of Latvia. On July, 2008 it obtained a public benefit status. The aim of LgSC activities is to facilitate in youth the awareness of European citizenship and encourage their involvement in development of cultural environment, economic and social environment in Latgale municipality, coordinate elaboration and implementation of related projects.
LgSC tasks are:
1. Coordinate elaboration and implementation of projects related to achievement of goals set by Association.
2. Unite youth from Latgale who are captivated by the organization`s aims.
3. Promote education of youth from Latgale on civil society issues and promote youth civil co-participation.
4. Support training of youth from Latgale and facilitate the return of new specialists to Latgale municipality.
5. Facilitate youth integration in the processes of formation and development of Latgale municipality cultural environment.
6. Promote the public discussion about formation process of development of cultural environment, economic and social environment in Latgale municipality, related problematic issues and development promotion possibilities.
7. Preserve and promote Latgale municipality heritage of cultural history by raising the awareness of it, study and making it more available to Latvian and European public.
8. Organize various awareness, informative and recreational events: seminars, courses, conferences, camps.
9. Promote interest of Latvian society, local municipalities and state institutions abput solutions of Latgale main problems considering the specifics of its cultural environment, economic and social environment.